The world has always been crazy for variety in jewelry, be it of any kind, as the fashion of looking vibrant and beautiful by decorating oneself with unique jewelry pieces always remain “in.”
What is Swarovski Element?
Swarovski Elements or crystals originated in Austria. These are manmade crystals which are made using specially designed tools for achieving precision cuts. This process provides us with brilliant synthetic gems. The beautiful crystals were first developed and introduced in the market by Daniel Swarovski. Daniel actually invented a machine for making precision-cuts, and now from five generations, the Swarovski family continues the ritual of producing Swarovski crystals in their facility in Wattens, Austria.
These gorgeous elements are available in the form of collectibles, beautiful ornaments, jewelry works and beads. Swarovski still leads the way in generating the highest quality crystals in the jewelry industry. In fact, Bicone crystal is one of the best crystals ever produced by Swarovski. Others like Aurora Borealis, gives the surface a beautiful rainbow appearance. The company has many more methods to produce different varieties of the elegant gems we see in the market. Swarovski Crystals come in many ranges namely, crystal glass sculptures, miniatures, jewelry, couture, home decor and chandeliers.
All the crystals and jewelry are marked with a swan logo. Their original logo was an edelweiss flower, then came an S.A.L. logo, and then finally in 1988 came out the current swan logo.
How to Take Care of Swarovski Jewelry?
Swarovski crystal is a fragile matter, which has to be handled with extreme care. In fact, one would find the below mentioned steps very simple and effective to ensure that Swarovski products maintain their magnificence over an extended period.
How To Take Care Of Crystals?
1. Hold a baby wipe between your thumb and other fingers. Roll the crystals from side to side once or twice and continue until you clean all of them. Once you are don, dry them with a tissue or a clean cotton cloth and get ready to be amazed by the shine it restores. It is such a simple way to maintain these crystals.
2. Put together a solution that contains water, rubbing alcohol, and dish soap. This is a very simple and non-abrasive way to wash off all the hairspray, facial oils and other things from the crystals restoring that incredible sparkle.
In a pot that has a seal lid, add 3/4 cup of water, 1 tablespoon of rubbing alcohol, and 1/2 tablespoon of dish soap. Mix the ingredients well. Then place the crystals in the solution and close the lid. One or two minutes in the solution will do the trick. Now slowly swirl the container for 30 seconds and then let it sit for another minute. Remove the crystal and rinse it under warm water. It will look like you just bought it.
Now, what about the jewelry made from Swarovski crystals? Below are some directions you can follow for collectibles, decorative jewelry and stardust bracelets.
• Using a soft lint free cloth, polish the jewelry with lukewarm water. Avoid soaking the crystals in water.
• Dry them with a soft, lint free cloth to restore and maximize brilliance.
• Contact with abrasive materials and glass cleaning solutions should be avoided.
• Put on gloves to avoid leaving fingerprints on crystals.
• Exposure to corrosive gases, direct sunlight, dust, dirt or humidity should be avoided.
You should also remember some valuable tips as listed below:
• Take off your jewelry before hand-wash, swimming or applying body care products.
• Remember to keep your jewelry in a safe box for some time after applying body care products.
• Keep your jewelry safe from sharp edges, chemicals, sunlight and extreme temperatures.
• Active chemicals can severely discolor and damage jewelry as well as loosen stones and settings.
• To maintain the quality of the crystals take good care and store them properly.
• Preserving your jewelry in padded box and occasional polishing with a soft cloth will help maintain its magnificence over time.
• Keep your jewelry away from intense heat and light.
• After cleaning your jewelry, the jewelry should be completely dry before storing.
• Silver jewelry is prone to discoloration and is best to be kept in airtight bags.
Basic Tips for Buying Swarovski Elements
To buy a product you need to have as much knowledge about it as possible so that you can never be cheated. For getting the purest Swarovski Elements, every buyer should know the following about Swarovski Elements:
• Bracelets, necklaces and pendants often feature combinations with precious and semi-precious crystals. This is particularly true of the seasonal collections that regularly integrate metals plated in gold and silver in their design.
• Swarovski’s designs are not for women only. Men’s jewelry includes bracelets, watches, and pendants.
• The combinations of crystals with metal, leather, wood, and ceramic gives them an attractive quality which was greatly admired by pop star Michael Jackson.
• By keeping the percentage of crystals low, men’s accessories achieve a subtle glitter without losing the mannish appeal. The items in Swarovski’s men’s collection communicate strength while enhancing the outfit of any man who enjoys becoming a style icon and a trend setter.
• The Swarovski products include something great for everyone. Although jewelry might be the best known, other popular gifts include festival jewelry, vases and sculptures.
Swarovski crystals contain coatings with proper designation. Of the many coatings available in these crystals, following are the most common you should be aware of:
• AB or Aurora Borealis: This iridescent pastel finish imparts a rainbow effect. It is applied to only half of the crystal. Using AB on a portion of black crystal deepens the rainbow effect.
• AB 2X: It is named so as AB coating is applied to both sides of the crystal.
• Aurum: It contains pure gold, adding to the price of any piece of crystal. It is also available in 2X.
• Bermuda Blue: This brings an opaque and deep blue finish on the crystals.
• Comet Argent Light: This silvery coating adds no other shade.
• Cosmo Jet: This black coating is applied before giving the finishing touch which gives a wonderful shining effect to the basic color of the crystal.
• Dorado: Dorado imparts an opaque bronze finish.
• Glacier Blue: This cobalt blue coating is often seen on a jet-black crystal.
• Heliotrope: Heliotrope appears dull brown and gray on the surface but purple and green when viewed through the crystal.
• Meridian Blue: It has a silver coating which has light blue overtones.
• Sahara: Sahara imbues the crystal with a light yellow finish.
• Hematite: This finish imparts sheen. Commonly found in 2X.
• Transmission: The Transmission coating is similar in appearance to the Aurora Borealis finish.
• Vitrail: Basically red and green in color, the aspect of this opaque coating changes with the light.
• Volcano: While volcano appears silvery from the outside, its color is purplish-red when viewed through the crystal.
Swarovski Crystal jewelry is readily available on various online purchasing sites where you can place orders according to your choice and requirement. You can also visit the Swarovski crystal museum in Wattens, Austria.
Swarovski jewelry makes a perfect gift and it does not require any occasion to present it. These crystals are quite easy to maintain and are highly collectable. The fine crystal’s twinkle speaks for itself. Hence, when it comes to fantastic, majestic, and special brilliance, Swarovski has no equal in the market!